Getting a good night’s sleep is an essential part of healthy living. One of the most frequently asked questions Valor and Heart receives is in regards to SleepEssence essential oils by Young Living. A lack of rest kills energy, productivity, will power, mood and everything else you need to function during the day. Our jobs don’t stop because we didn’t get enough rest; our kids don’t give us a day off because we feel tired. If you struggle to get a decent amount of rest at night you understand how frustrating it can be and the importance of finding a solution.
Introducing SleepEssence Essential Oils from Young Living
SleepEssence is a soft gel that combines four essential oils (Lavender, Ruta, Vetiver and Valerian) with melatonin to provide a non-habit-forming sleep aid.
Benefits of using SleepEssence
- Non-habit-forming: The problem with many of the popular sleep-aid medications on the store shelves is that the more you use them the more you need them. That makes it more challenging to get rest without taking the medication and that’s what you want to avoid.
- You know what you are putting into your body: Rather than taking a pill that has dozens of chemicals you cannot even pronounce in them, SleepEssence is made up of 5 safe but effective ingredients.
- Less concern about mixing: If you are on other medications it may not be wise to add a new one to the mix. Check with your doctor before taking anything to help you rest.
Before you go to bed
It’s not uncommon to head to bed with your motor still running on high after a full day or work, errands, family time, gym and more. All of this can be overwhelming and you cannot expect to go from running around to hoping into bed. You need to have a little downtime and forming a routine is the best way to improve the amount of rest you get at night. Everyone will have a different routine but here are some ideas you can use that will help you get relaxed and ready for bed.
- If you feel it will be needed take SleepEssence an hour before you will be ready to go to bed.
- Limit activities that accelerate the heart rate at least 2 hours before bedtime including cleaning, exercising, running errands.
- Take a warm shower or bath. If you prefer to take one in the morning try to change it up and see if it makes a difference. You can also put 2 drops of Lavender into the bath water to help make it more soothing.
- Do something that occupies your mind for a little bit. Watch TV, read a book, something that focuses your mind on one thing rather than the 50 things you’ve been focused on all day.
- Create a calm environment in your bedroom. Lower the volume on any music, TV or anything else that could be distracting.
- Give it a little bit of time. Try to fall asleep for at least 15-30 minutes. If it hasn’t happened then do not get frustrated, watch TV for a few more minutes or read another chapter in your book. Don’t rush getting to bed and do not get frustrated when you can’t fall asleep right away.
Be Smart Before You Try To Sleep
It’s also important to remember that you do not want to take long naps throughout the day. It’s great to take a nap but if it lasts longer than 30 minutes there’s a chance it can mess with your sleeping habits later that night so avoid long naps.
SleepEssence is a non-habit-forming sleep aid that is made by combining the essential oils of lavender, valerian, vetiver and ruta along with melatonin. All oils are carefully concentrated from plant extracts that are obtained from cold pressing, resin tapping or steam distillation. If you would like more information regarding Living Young Essential Oils as well as becoming a member and/or reseller feel free to contact Valor and Heart today to get started.